Interview with Maria Eizaguerri Floris from Huesca (Spain)
Interview with Maria Eizaguerri Floris from Huesca (Spain).
Maria is the only girl playing in the open sections of the World Championships together with the boys.
- Hallo, Maria! Welcome to the interview. Please, introduce yourself and tell something about your chess carier.
- I am Maria from Spain, I am 14, next month I will become 15. I live in Huesca. I like to play chess.
- When did you start playing?
- I started when I was 6. After that I came to our local club and started to learn more.
- Who was your first coach? How did you learn chess?
- I learnt to move the pieces from my father. We bought a book of Kasparov or Karpov. Later I started to play tournaments.
- What are your best results? What have you achieved so far?
- I won Spanish championships many times. When I was 8 years old I became 4th, last year at the World youth championship I became 8th.
- Who is now your coach? Or you work by yourself?
- Now my coach is GM Josep Oms from Lleida.
- I know him… How many hours do you work every day?
- With my coach?
- Or alone. All time that you spend on chess every day.
- May be, 2 hours.
- What are your favorite subjects in school?
- Mathematics and, may be, informatics.
- How many years do you still have to go to school?
- 2 more years, after I will go to the university for more 5 years.
- In which city are you going to study in the university?
- In Zaragoza.
- What do you like to do in the free time?
- To play badminton and piano.
- Which expectations do you have from this tournament?
- I hope to do well. I will play in the open section with boys.
- This is excellent experience and practice! I wish you lot of luck since it is not so easy to play against the boys. Everybody will try to beat you. I hope you will finish very well. I will be specially following your play. Thank you very much for the interview!
Sergey Tiviakov. 10 September 2019