Interview with Fernando G. Gomez H., Executive Director of the “Con Liderazgo” fund from Bogota (Colombia).
– Here in the press-center we have a new guest… Good afternoon, Mr. Gomez! Welcome to Salobrena! My first question: What are you doing here in Salobrena?
– We came to participate in the world event, blitz and rapid championships (category U-18).
– Are you an accompanying person or a coach?
– Yes, I am a coach and I have a chess academy.
– Here on my table I have your business card telling that you are an executive director of the fund “Con Liderazgo”. Please, explain what is your fund and what it is doing with chess in Colombia.
– With this fund www.ConLiderazgo.com we are doing the program of chess development, which is part of the educational and personal development. The chess academy which is the part of our fund is called “Copa Real”. www.coachess.co
– I played in Colombia many times, but I here about your fund and chess academy for the 1st time. Could you, please, give more details.
– The “Copa Real” is active already for 10 years. This year we have started to develop a much bigger project. And although we are not well-know, we have developing the chess in the community for some years.
– In which areas of Colombia does it active?
– We are now in Bogota in the “Ciudad Verde” (or Green City).
– Do you have strong coaches teaching in your academy?
– We are not very strong regarding the number of elo points, but we have own methods. Also, we are concentrated in educational chess which is very important for us.
– “Chess in schools” project indeed has a priority in many countries. What are you planning in the coming months to organize something important in Colombia?
– First of all, I would like to organize a strong international chess open. And this is one of reasons why we came here to Spain. We are hoping to establish a contact with the Spanish Chess federation. Also we would like to create a mutual project.
– I wish you lot of success in all your projects. I hope this trip will help you to achieve all your goals, establishing very important contacts.
– Thank you very much.
Sergey Tiviakov. 12 September 2019.